Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

gcampbel

Posted · Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself while waiting for our Ultimaker 2 to arrive at our small design studio. This is our first 3D printer and we did a lot of research then chose the UM2 for its reliable print performance, ability to print a wide range of materials, heated platform, dual heads (future upgrade - hopefully coming soon), open source technology and this great community forum! We can't wait to start using our beautiful machine:)

I'd love to hear from any other SA or Australian owners who can offer any regional tips (eg local supplies, etc). BTW I'm super impressed with Ultimaker's delivery time - the website said 2-4 weeks but our order shipped next day! We're hoping for delivery later this week.

Cheers,

George Campbell

Proen Design Australia

www.proen.com.au

Posted · Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

Hi George

Welcome to the forum!

I can definitively recommend Diamond Age PLA filament from New Zealand. AFAIK Australia is one of the countries outside New Zealand to which they can offer reasonable shipping prices.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies