Dead Ultimaker??

Posted · Dead Ultimaker??

I powered my Ultimaker on last week for the first time. Everything seemed fine, the lights came on, it was making wonderful noises, it was beautiful. I ran Cura, and the the first run check, and it communicated with my computer.

I didn't run a print, and shut it down. Now it is a week later, I plugged the Ultimaker in, and the blue light at the extruder flashed on for a second, I heard it connect to my computer, but then nothing. There is zero activity. I thought I saw a little spark fly out when I plugged the power cord in.

Anybody have thoughts as to what might be wrong? :?:

Posted · Dead Ultimaker??

it does have a little green light on at the bottom which is labeled "led 7", and the blue light at the extruder will flash on for a split second when i unplug the usb and plug it back in...but it is still not working :|

I don't necessarily believe it is a software issue, but I tried using ReplicatorG Ultimaker Edition - 0035, and I have Python installed, but it does not help. It says "Couldn't find a port to use!". The Ultimaker does not seem to be turning on properly, the first time I plugged it in, without even connecting the USB, the blue light stayed on and the fan was operating, etc...

I also tried a different USB, and I get the same thing when I plug it into the computer, the windows makes a "chime" sound for when you plug in a device, the blue light comes on the extrusion head for a sec, and there is a noise coming from the extruder head for a second, then it all dies