Dead Ultimaker??

Posted · Dead Ultimaker??

I powered my Ultimaker on last week for the first time. Everything seemed fine, the lights came on, it was making wonderful noises, it was beautiful. I ran Cura, and the the first run check, and it communicated with my computer.

I didn't run a print, and shut it down. Now it is a week later, I plugged the Ultimaker in, and the blue light at the extruder flashed on for a second, I heard it connect to my computer, but then nothing. There is zero activity. I thought I saw a little spark fly out when I plugged the power cord in.

Anybody have thoughts as to what might be wrong? :?:

Posted · Dead Ultimaker??

it does have a little green light on at the bottom which is labeled "led 7", and the blue light at the extruder will flash on for a split second when i unplug the usb and plug it back in...but it is still not working :|

I don't necessarily believe it is a software issue, but I tried using ReplicatorG Ultimaker Edition - 0035, and I have Python installed, but it does not help. It says "Couldn't find a port to use!". The Ultimaker does not seem to be turning on properly, the first time I plugged it in, without even connecting the USB, the blue light stayed on and the fan was operating, etc...

I also tried a different USB, and I get the same thing when I plug it into the computer, the windows makes a "chime" sound for when you plug in a device, the blue light comes on the extrusion head for a sec, and there is a noise coming from the extruder head for a second, then it all dies

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies