Cube, error after line 2542 of 3543

redmesh

Posted · Cube, error after line 2542 of 3543

It is not neccessarilly belt tension, I had a similar problem when I was printing near (x,y) = (0,0) but not when printing in the middle of the build area. The reason was that the timing pulley near (x,y) = (0,0) was not tightened to the axis. Even though I had tightened the screw as much as possible, the timing pulley did still move along the axis. I had to clean the timing pulley and apply accessive force to the screw to get it tightened. After that I have not had any more problems.

It could also be that your small timing belt from the motor to the axes is lose and jumps over the pulley. Make sure this belt is tight by loosening the screws of the motor a bit, push the motor down, and screw it really tight.

Extra grease and really pulled the motors down to tighten the small belts.

It worked! My first full cube that looks like a cube. Thanks for the help again, and Daid spot on with that. To anyone else struggling with the first prints - keep going, reading and visiting the forum - well worth it.