cura print action

cstead

Posted · cura print action

First post here guys!

I have a felix 2.0 and am running cura for my slicing software,

when printing the perimeter action is very jittery where Slic3r and skeinforge run very smooth and even speed

It acts fine in straight line motion on infill but that is only place it does

I have the settings in cura on marlin/sprinter which is the firmware for the felix units

any suggestions are appreciated

thx!!!!

sorry,... should've known to post that!!

it's V 14.07 USB connection on a IMac

just exporting the Gcode into repetier environment also,which ive done with kisslicer and had no problems,cura is just so much faster and cleaner looking slice!

thx

What if you save the GCode from Cura (right mouse button on the print button) and print that from repetier?

Could be 2 different issues. Could be that the GCode from Cura is too verbose (too many commands for the printer to keep up with) or that there is a problem with the USB connection code from Cura (as it's not seeing a whole lot of use in our office, as we print with SD)

Sorry again, should've put that when exporting I save the g.code then open it in repetier

Would an older version of cura be better to try for a Mac or do I just need to go ahead and run it through a PC?

It's still unclear to me what you have tested and what not.

could you tell me what baud rate for USB communication cura/printer is best at?

250k is best, but SD printing is still better.