Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
freeform4u

what is a y-axis, what is a X-axis

so now I write to the Forum. Maybe it helps!

Can you tell me wish axis is the long axis? I bought an Ultimaker and in the package inside was 3 short axis and one long axis. So I called the support, send mails to them. They are really nice and friendly and if they send the right part as well helpfully. But today I received second time the short axis. I wrote in my last E-Mail I can make a long axis short, but a short axis I can't do longer. So where is here the failure? And how I can get the right thing.

The Lucky thing is I have the Ultimaker for selling them, but so I can never sell them. So if someone need a short X axis now I have a big store for short axis. First come first save!

But sometimes they do things right! Thanks for the teflon coupler for my UM2.

For the 8mm axis, the long ones at the Y, and the shorter ones are the X.

You could fuse 2 together to make 2 long one? ;-)

(Guess you contacted support again about the wrong part. Someone must have made a mistake somewhere)

Hello Daid,

you remember me? We meet at fabcon;-), and spoke some words, shame that we could't talk more!

Untill now I didn't wrote again, I'm little confused about that. They have nearly the same size, maybe they should sign them with color it should be easier to devide them. After I wrote this topic, I read that is not the first time.

I will write to them on monday, I have a sleepness night behind me with 3 running machines since yesterday;-).

so thank you for suggestion.LOL