Cura - Trying to print at the X and Y endstops

alan

Posted · Cura - Trying to print at the X and Y endstops

Got Ultimaker a few months ago. Setup - printed a 5 mm cube - not bad. Then updated - tried Marlin, 0026, 0034. Could not get these to work - 0026 did the moves but would not extrude. Today loaded Cura to my Win 7, 64 bit PC. Like the look and feel of it. Everything seemed to work OK - motors moving, heater good. Sliced the Gcode. Ran PrintRun - loaded the G-code - tested everything - all good. When I hit "Print" the extruder moved to the left front and kept banging into the stop switch so I got a bunch of - endstop hit errors. During the setup wizard I hit the stop switches as commanded, I think. I think the printer was trying to print too, but not sure - not much material came out. What am I doing wrong here? The model is a simple 5 mm cube, solid, which looks to be at the center of the build platform. I upgraded the firmware during the Cura wizard and I got a successful upgrade. Could this be caused by hitting the end switches in the wrong order during the wizard?? I may have done that.

Most likely you have wired up the endstops wrong. Re-run the machine check, and verify that the correct endstop is responding to the correct question. It's quite common to have the X min/max swapped, because they are labeled wrong on some machines.

Daid - you were exactly correct - they were swapped around. Traded them and now it's printing. Still need to tweak but that fixed the main problem. Thanks so much!