Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
lyta

Ultimaker2 fails shell of object: parts of shell missing

Hello,

I think the problem described in the title is caused by Cura because the missing shell is also in the layers view.

I try to print a tube but on both sides of the tube the walls are failing and the shell is too thin. I use 3mm shell thickness, 210°C, Cura 14.09, 50mm/sec printing speed.

Who of you might know what could be my problem?

Thank You

Hi,

the shell thickness I set is 3mm with a nozzle size of 0.4mm. I think that couldn't be the problem.

Could there be the problem that there is "a layer too much" in the object? Imagine I want to print a cube with another smaller cube on it. And there are two layers touching each other. Of course one of them is too much. Does Cura have a problem with this?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!