Ultimaker2 fails shell of object: parts of shell missing

lyta

Posted · Ultimaker2 fails shell of object: parts of shell missing

Hello,

I think the problem described in the title is caused by Cura because the missing shell is also in the layers view.

I try to print a tube but on both sides of the tube the walls are failing and the shell is too thin. I use 3mm shell thickness, 210°C, Cura 14.09, 50mm/sec printing speed.

Who of you might know what could be my problem?

Thank You

Hi,

Maybe a picture would help to identify what's going wrong?

What is the size of the actual shell of the object? If it's too small Cura will bypass it. I think it has to be at least 0.4mm to be printed (nozzle size).

Hi,

the shell thickness I set is 3mm with a nozzle size of 0.4mm. I think that couldn't be the problem.

Could there be the problem that there is "a layer too much" in the object? Imagine I want to print a cube with another smaller cube on it. And there are two layers touching each other. Of course one of them is too much. Does Cura have a problem with this?

I meant the shell thickness of the actual object (in your CAD software).

The shell thickness in Cura doesn't change the actual dimensions of the object if you print a 0.4mm wall and specify 3mm shell it will still print a 0.4mm wall