Sign in to follow this  
am001

Project Planner with tall objects

Posted · Project Planner with tall objects

Hello Daid,

First off, I love Cura. By far the most sorted all around package I have tried and has made a huge difference in what I can do with my Ultimaker. Last night I came across one issue though...

If you build several objects in Project Planner, the first object cannot be higher than about 60mm before it hits the X sliding beam when the platform moves up to start the next object. The Z axis motor has a lot of force when it crashes, and puts a big dent into the finished part, thankfully I heard the noise and investigated.

Is there a way of implementing a check for the object height? At the moment it only uses x-y dimensions as far as I can see.

Perhaps it could build all of the parts up to a height of 60mm, then go back and do the next 60mm layer? There would only be joining strings at 60mm intervals.

Keep up the good work!

Andrew

Posted · Project Planner with tall objects

First, Thanks for all the praises :)

There is currently no z-check in the project planner. The idea to print up to 60mm of each part has been raised already, but it hasn't been implemented yet.