Communication...it's complicated.

motogpfan82

Posted · Communication...it's complicated.

When I have my original Ultimaker plugged into my computer via USB cable and with the power supply off my Ulticontroller says Ultimaker ready along with other machine info, I can upload the firmware, and also run the first part of the bed level wizard where connection is established. The moment I turn on the power supply my Ultimaker will lose connection to Cura and my Ulticontroller display goes from displaying my Ultimaker information to just white blocks. If I turn the power supply back off the Ultimaker will not reestablish any kind of connection such as the ability to upload firmware or the first part of the level wizard were connection is established until the computer is restarted. After I restart if I keep the power supply off it will establish connection to Cura in terms of the ability to upload firmware or run the first part of the bed level wizard, and my Ulticontroller will say ready and display the machine info.

I' am also unable to print directly from the Ulticontroller, and it does seem like my computer recognizes the Ultimakers connection because it does show up in my COM8 as Arduino Mega. And yes the Ultimaker behaves the same on different PC's. Any help with this would be great I would really like to solve this issue. Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies