Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
thetrick

Top layer missing border?

I'm new to Cura so bear with me as I try and describe this problem, hopefully the pictures will help.

When the print gets to the point that it is building a top layer it does not put a continuous border around the layer causing the layer ends to drop into the infill voids.

It seems to me that it should print a continuous border before starting the layer fill so that the ends of the layer can attach to the border.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

tEgsJh8l.jpg

kzTstI1.jpg

lQqD8Vil.jpg

hi,

it would really be better if an outside line is printed first and then the coverlayer connects with the outside line.

The only possibility to avoid this trouble is, as far as I know, to use more infill .

I agree, do you know of any way to get Cura to do this?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 14 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 18 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!