Sign in to follow this  
inventabuild

Changing Ooze Build Shield Angle

Posted · Changing Ooze Build Shield Angle

How do I change the Ooze Shield Build Angle? It's current settings cause it to build itself up at too great an angle and it starts to fall apart and tip over and I don't know where to change its build angle.

Currently the ooze-shield configuration is hard coded.

Are you going to offer the option to change the Ooze shield build angle? Even just two options, one vertical and one auto (which would be current configuration) would be nice. Someone else also had the issue where the Ooze shield collapsed and delaminated from itself due to its current aggressive build angle setting:

http://e3d-online.com/index.php?route=extras/blog/getblog&blog_id=20

"

1. The ooze shield is a bit ambitious in the overhang angles that it tries to achieve and often collapses and/or delaminates (as seen in the above image). In slicer the ooze shield is vertical all the way up - this makes it easier to print but it is now further away from your object. Ideally we would have a Cura-like shield with a configurable maximum-angle.

"

In the future I will improve the configuration on it. But right now it's not a priority (sorry)

Hello Daid, i looked at the code, but it wasn'readily apparent which value i need to change to keep the build angle of the Ooze shield at 10% or less . Can you please give me a hint?