Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
calad

Support structures supported

Hi. I have been using cura, then slicer and now cura again after I learned how wonderfull cure is.

My problems is that I need support structure for my object, but during printing support structure randomly breaks off from glass. Brim and raft solves this problem but I would like to have my main object without brim and raft because when I take it off it leaves sharp edges.

So question is how to print to keep support structure on plate without coming off during printing? Easy solution would be a pluggin that generates brim and raft only for support structure.

I use PLA on heated normal window glass. Temp for first layers 210 and 80, later 180 and 60.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Contest | Entourage 01.
      Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled models can really help to get your idea across. But besides your main model, there is more needed to get your idea across vividly! An architect regularly uses various entourage sets to help bring these ideas and models to live. 
      • 9 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 17 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!