Cura Project Planner stops after first part

hrvoje

Posted · Cura Project Planner stops after first part

Hi,

I am printing a plate with multiple objects (6 pieces). I have organized them in the Project Planner avoiding any interference between part-part and part-extruder and sliced them. After finishing the first part, the print head moved to the position of the next part and stopped above the print bed. The "Term" tab in the Cura printing screen says:

echo: External Reset

Marlin 1.0.0 RC2

echo: Last Updated: Marlin-Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:33:42 +0200 - b67dacdc8f1bd489e058e16d92ba29c364b2a8e5 | Author: Build-Me-Marlin

echo: Free Memory: 4477 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232

echo:Using Default settings:

echo:Steps per unit:

echo: M92 X78.74 Y78.74 Z533.33 E865.89

echo:Maximum feedrates (mm/s):

echo: M203 X250.00 Y250.00 Z10.00 E45.00

echo:Maximum Acceleration (mm/s2):

echo: M201 X9000 Y9000 Z100 E10000

echo:Acceleration: S=acceleration, T=retract acceleration

echo: M204 S3000.00 T3000.00

echo:Advanced variables: S=Min feedrate (mm/s), T=Min travel feedrate (mm/s), B=minimum segment time (ms), X=maximum xY jerk (mm/s), Z=maximum Z jerk (mm/s)

echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X20.00 Z0.40 E5.00

echo:PID settings:

echo: M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00

echo:SD card ok

echo:SD card ok

echo:Active Extruder: 0

Error:checksum mismatch, Last Line:34

Resend:35

Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line:34

Error:0

: Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered !

Error:Printer stopped deu to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart!. (Temperature is reset. Set it before restarting)

Now I am a bit helpless since I do not know what to do to continue the print without starting from scratch. I do not understand the "MAXTEMP triggered" because the Ulticontroller showed constantly about 215 degrees until the printer has stopped working.

I would be grateful for any hints. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

If you get a MINTEMP or a MAXTEMP trigger, then you are having problems with your temperature sensor. Unrelated to the project planner.

In the other news. The project planner in 12.08 contains a bug if you leave the temperature setting at zero. This bug makes the heater turn off after the first object. So always configure a temperature when you are using the project planner!

Hi Hrvoje,

I'm having the same issue. What was your solution? Please post as much details as possible :)

/f1x

Hi frm1001xplrr,

Sorry for the late reply, I was enjoying many days off. Back to your question - as far as I can remember I have done nothing specially. Just re-run the same G-code and it worked. Don't ask why and how...

Daid,

I had been running Cura 12.08 with occasional success using magenta PLA, but at elevated temperatures (~260 deg. - it may be my thermocouple is not calibrated)

anyway, I have run through a giant magenta spool and have no more, but I do have other colors...

so I chose red, being 'somewhat' like magenta, and I eventually discovered

1) that I had to feed and print at least at 260C but when I tried to increase the temperature, the program killed the job because of a temperature overload -

2) then I discovered on the red PLA spool a melting point of 260-265C - none of the others give this information

so, how can I override the temperature limit in Cura 12.08?

and, is there a table somewhere giving the melting points of the various flavors of PLA?

thanks,

Edgar

All colors of PLA should melt around 200-230C, there could be something with your wiring, check that first, if you have a tiny short between the thermocouple wires, then you have a 2nd thermocouple point which can cause the temperature problems.

The max temperature is a firmware safety feature, not of Cura. You can build a custom firmware with a custom safety level at

http://daid.eu/~daid/marlin_build/

but that is at your own risk, as the hotend will destroy itself at 300C