Custom Heated Bed, Incorrect Temp, Max Temp Error & Controller Crash

Posted · Custom Heated Bed, Incorrect Temp, Max Temp Error & Controller Crash

I am in the process of installing a custom heated bed and am having a few problems.

I have installed a 4.7k Ohm resistor in R4, but am getting a MAXTEMP BED error. The temperature is changing, but is reading incorrectly (change is revered, temp goes down from 999 as it is heated).

Also, then I turn off the heated bed, I get some sort of spike in the system and the controller freaks out.

Ideas? I have h

Here is a video of basically what I just said:

Here is an extremely similar heated bed suggesting the 4.7k Ohm resistor:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heated-Bed-Kit-for-Ultimaker-Reprap-3d-Printers-MK2-PCB-Aluminium-plate-/161157442118

The heated bed I actually got:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NMBPHIO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My hardware rev is 1.5.7

Nope, I sure didn't! I just re-updated it with Cura.

Googling that now....

As for the crashing, I have traced that to the relay switch being too close to the controller. No a huge deal as I already have a solid state on the way.

Easiest way is to look into how to use:

http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/

This will save you the trouble of figuring out what is need to recompile the firmware as the builder will do that part for you. You just need to supply the correct values.

I'm sure there are many writeups on how to use ginge's builder but I'm sorry I don't have one to provide... Start with the correct template and you will be 98%-100% there...

Alright... So I have the custom HEX file, but when I try to load it, it times out before loading any data. It leaves the controller in a locked state.

If I then try the default firmware it loads fine.

Am I missing something? The firmware is 281k.

Build Summary
    AVR Memory Usage
    ----------------
    Device: atmega2560
    Program: 101990 bytes (38.9% Full)
    (.text + .data + .bootloader)
    Data: 4172 bytes (50.9% Full)
    (.data + .bss + .noinit)
    text data bss dec hex filename
    101320 670 3502 105492 19c14 applet/Marlin.elf