Z Hop on Skin

Labern

Posted · Z Hop on Skin

Hey,

Couldn't figure out to to create a pull request so just posting here.

Is it possible to add Z-Hop on Skin to try and eliminate scratching on the top surface?

Or is that already on the list of things to do?

Posted · Z Hop on Skin

Hi, I'm also interested about this aspect because I don't succeed in managing the z-hop.

I would want to know if there are parameters that inhibit the use of the z-hop such layer height, retraction, speeds, fix horrible...

Most important for me is top surface, too. But I'd like to use z-hop on other layers...

My retraction config is:

Minimum travel: 0.1

Enable combing: all

Minimal extrusion before retracting: 0.0

Z-hop when retracting: 0.05

No changes work... :(

I'm sure that error is mine, but I don't know where is it!

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

(using Cura 15.02.1)

Posted · Z Hop on Skin

Ok...With 0.5mm z-hop works!

Thanks a lot!!!!!

But there is a diagonal scratch that I thought z-hop would solve and didn't expect me:

It's not extruded material. It's a hotend crawling, because the buildplate doesn't go down.

How can I avoid it?

Posted · Z Hop on Skin

ok!

I tested this suggestion:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4581-scratch-on-the-upside-surface/

- I consider point three not good for me, cause the extrusion was concentric (agreeing with "IRobertl"). Maybe, it could be useful for others..

- Very very helpuf point one (combing off)! ....for the top :\ For previous layers, instead, have great quality, but printing time increase too much because z-hop happens every single row.

So, now I'm searching an intermediate solution: same quality, without so many z_hop then quicker.

Any suggestion? It's becoming urgent for me to find a solution... :(

(I'll start trying "no skin" in combing option)