Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
neotko

High pitch weird noise

Yesterday my printer started to do this sound. It's almost brand new, it's oiled and this sound doesn't repeat when I manually move the axis.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xvyxuhz7egzsr9/IMG_2836.MOV?dl=0

Anyone knows what's that high pitch squeaky sound?

I can't pinpoint the source, it's like it comes from within the hotend, not sure :S

The machine it's an UMO+ with only 20h of use, also it was sewing machine oiled when it arrived.

The only think I touched was the bowden, I have been printing with 1.75 (not now), and yesterday I went back to the original bowden and 2.85 white pla and then this sound started (edit: it started to sound loud but it did 'sound' a bit). Pryor this video, I had a print failed of 12h, the bowden did just 'blow' out of position. I did put everything back but the sound it's still there.

Btw I had this sound two days ago also when printing with 1.75 (other bowden and connection), so I'm really lost on 'what can that sound be?'...

Edit: The other think I touched on this machine it's that the wooden caps where not 'tight' and did became a bit woobly after a few hours printing, I asked Imakr (where I bough it and they assembled it) and they told me to tight them and I just did and they don't seem to wooble for now.