Cura error "got tuple object"?

qwarks

Posted · Cura error "got tuple object"?

When trying to slice a relatively simple object, I get this error.

There seem to be nothing wrong with the object - as far as i can see.

Any ideas?

File D:\_ULTIMAKER\_Projekter\BUTT.STL is being chain exported.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "app_main.py", line 51, in run_toplevel

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\cura.py", line 73, in

main()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\cura.py", line 67, in main

sliceRun.runSlice(args)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\util\sliceRun.py", line 74, in runSlice

skeinforge_craft.writeOutput(fileName)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\cura_sf\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_utilities\skeinforge_craft.py", line 135, in writeOutput

return pluginModule.writeOutput(fileName, shouldAnalyze)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\cura_sf\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins\export.py", line 275, in writeOutput

gcodeText = skeinforge_craft.getChainTextFromProcedures(fileName, procedures[: -1], gcodeText)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\cura_sf\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_utilities\skeinforge_craft.py", line 44, in getChainTextFromProcedures

text = craftModule.getCraftedText(fileName, text)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\cura_sf\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_plugins\craft_plugins\carve.py", line 134, in getCraftedText

settings.getReadRepository(repository)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\cura_sf\fabmetheus_utilities\settings.py", line 430, in getReadRepository

p.setValueToString(str(info[name](p)))

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\cura_sf\fabmetheus_utilities\settings.py", line 44, in calculateEdgeWidth

return profile.calculateEdgeWidth()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\util\profile.py", line 331, in calculateEdgeWidth

wallThickness = getProfileSettingFloat('wall_thickness')

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_RC4\Cura\util\profile.py", line 253, in getProfileSettingFloat

return float(eval(getProfileSetting(name), {}, {}))

TypeError: expected float, got tuple object

Thank you ;)

Most likely you used a comma instead of a dot in the number of the "wall thickness", so 1.2 should work, 1,2 will give this error.

Yep!! Youre absolutely right! :D

I Denmark (where i'm from), we use komma as a divider :roll:

Thank you for a very fast reply Daid :D

Best regards

Kasper

Same for where I'm from, but it's a common "bug" in software. However, I think the entry box should have turned red to indicate an problem...

I just checked to see if the box turnet red, but it dosn't. However the dialogue window comes up with an error, i just wasn't paying attation to that error as i was typing.

It would be great if the box turned red though. :)

What OS are you using? They might not turn red in MacOS (which has some less capabilities in the GUI toolkit)

I've also updated the code, so this problem won't happen in the next version :)

Im using windows 7 64bit.

Looking forward to the next version, it's allways exiting to see what news you come up with :)

By the way, i have a Nvidia graphics card in my machine, and the object view is still blank, but with the Cura 4 the dialogue box now works ;-)

The next version will be a bugfix release. So nothing new :)

I'm doing a "features" -> "bugfix" -> "features" release cycle. This forces me to concentrate on bugs first and features later.