15.02.1 raft/print speed funniness

nigel-johnson

Posted · 15.02.1 raft/print speed funniness

UM2 for info.

I have been printing smaller objects at 10mm/s with a raft in ColorFabb Naturel PLA/PHA at 195C. All good.

I needed an STL with multiple of these parts printing with rafts so I used the same formula I have been using for ages... On the same day I saw an upgrade was available for 15.02.1 - I upgraded.

I went to print my mutli-part print. When the raft first layer is put down it is too fast for the 195C and the feeder clutch pops a lot. I noticed that the first layer was WAY faster than 10mm/s, so I went to plan B - 40mm/s print speed, 20mm/s outer shell, 20mm/s first layer, 215C. The clutch is now popping every 20-30 seconds... Cranking the temperature up to 235C seems to help and then I turn it back down to 215 for the second (first diagonal) layer.

It seems to be just this first raft layer, I haven't tried a very small single object to see if the rest of the raft layers are slow, so next I will, but the model parts are correctly being printed 'fast' with 'slower' outer shells.

Have I missed a setting? I can't find anything in the raft settings to control the speed?