How to print Gear Heart pins

adhome

Posted · How to print Gear Heart pins

Hallo,

i like to print this Hear Heart:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:24675

003_preview_card.jpg

My problem is, that the pins will not fit in the center.

I loaded the STL file in 3D Cad and measured the holes and pin diameter.

The Holes are 4.8mm

The pin is 5.8mm

I can not clanch the pins 1mm. Not even 0.2mm. Nobody in the forum mentioned, that the pins will not fit.

The slit in the middle will only go to the broadest position. It's physical impossible the clanch at this position.

What I do make wrong?

I use hard PLA. It's hard like ABS. I think, the pin must be soft and springy.

Thanks

Actually, ABS is a bit more springy, that's why most of these "clamp to fit" parts are quite hard.

Have you tried the screwless cube gears? those work for me with PLA.

I tried ABS. It shrinks the pins little to 5.6 (instead 5.8). But still impossible for me.

The Screwless Cube will perhaps better work. Yes. It's pins do have a long good slit that looks springy

Bpins_thumb_large.jpg

I got the pins with a hammer and ABS.

I do have a additional question. I have problems with the center. It broken me in to tries into 2 Parts.

With PLV it looks like, the single layers are not glue together. With 100% infill perhaps no problem. But with 60% even the walls are not sticking very well.

Is this only a problem of temperature?

Can I generally say, that with higher temp, the layers will stick better together?

Or should I print faster that the lower layer is still "warm"?

Thanks

PS: With ABS there was a split in a layer. Perhaps only bad luck. :evil: But ABS looks generally more fragile.

Yep, generally if your layers aren't sticking together you need higher temperature.