Hot end thermistor reconnection

Posted · Hot end thermistor reconnection

Hi,

Whilst changing the hot end on my Ultimaker 2, I managed to get the thermistor end stuck in the hot end block. I’ve now removed the thermistor connector but have this separate to the ends of the thermistor cable. I can get the connector back on to the end of the themistor cable and there looks to be enough wire exposed on each of the three wires to make contact with the connector, although I’m unsure as to whether all three should be exposed or not.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can fix it and remove the error displaying on the screen please?

Thanks!

Posted · Hot end thermistor reconnection

Jenny, can you clarify if the thermistor wires have been pulled out of the plug connector that connects to the UM2 board or are the wires pulled out of the cap end that is attached to the heater block? The solution depends on which end is detached.