Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
sotakuma

Ultimaker Original Plus Speed Problem

Hello,

I have an Ultimaker Original Plus for almost two months, everithyng was fine until today.

I was trying to print a file that will take 36 hours to complete, I leave the machine alone for 8 hours and when i returned the printer was at 1% of the job, and printing very, veeeery slow.

When printing it makes some normal moves at normal speed, but in some points it slows too much

This is a screen shot of my settings:

Trooper.jpg

The advance settings remain untouched.

I also want to mention two things, before I started the print I update Cura to 15.02.1 and re install the printer firmware, then I noticed that the save to SD was not present on the software interface, so I saved the model through the CRTL+S command, I noticed that took a little more time than usual to save the file, anyway when the print start to do there thing it was possible to here that the printer was a little bit quite than usual and a little red light was on and off under the printer.

So guys what do you thing could be the problem?

Advance settings it's important since it can have speed different for outter inner infill. So check it. Unless it's at 0 the 'speed' it's specific for each 'finish'

Thanks Neotko,

I checked the advance settings and reset all values to default and that correct the problem. But what did you mean by "speed it's specific for each finish"

Sorry yeah I mean that the outter layer, inner layer, etc. if you set an outter layer slower your print will look better but inner layer use to affect too, but less. Etc etc. so you can print fast infill and slow outter layer to gain quality and speed and get a better ratio of speed/quality