Fill out this quick 3D printing related survey

aprzy15

Posted · Fill out this quick 3D printing related survey

Hi, I am a high school senior currently working on a science fair project involving 3D printing. The survey is a way for me to conduct a quick and simple market study that will help add credibility to my project. The survey is only 6 questions so it shouldn't take longer than a minute. Also, the survey is only for those of you that use FDM 3D printers. The survey is only 6 questions so it shouldn't take longer than a minute. Thanks in advance! Link to the survey

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rNW...?usp=send_form

Filled it out, including feedback on different researches and opinions.

Slightly related:

I'd advise to make the top also from a see through material. I look at my printer top down quite often due to placing of the printer.

Didn't fill it in but here my 5 cent.

I own an enclosure. My opinion is that putting the printer with all the hardware inside an enclosure will cause overheating problems. The steppers will run hot and the electronics as well. I closed the printer area not the whole machine and placed the motors outside. Since electronics are at the bottom they still get fresh cool air. A enclosure only makes sense when printing abs. For pla it is not needed and it might get too hot.

When printing abs (110 degrees build plate) the air in the enclosure gets to at least 45 degrees.