Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
rowan-murphy

HIPS dual extrusion, UMO+, I'm completely lost!

Apologies in advance if this topic is covered already elsewhere although I couldn't find it.

I am a bit of a technophobe and I seem to get that kind of dyslexia when trying to read about varius computer issues which I don't understand. My head can't handle it for some reason.

I have built and installed my second extruder on my Ultimaker Original + and I have no idea at all how to configure the gcode to use the second extruder head for print support, or how to programme the temperature, or anything.

Would any of you be so kind as to write a "dual extruding with HIPS for dummies" walk through?

Many thanks in advance.

I merged two STLs for dual extrusion. They showed up as on piece with two colors in CURA, but they printed like as if I never merged anything in CURA.

It seems to have printed both parts with the same material also. This means it completely ignored the entire second extrusion set up. I don't eve thing that the material feeder stepper motor once moved.