Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
zumfab

Turning off bridging features

Is it possible to turn off the bridging features altogether? I noticed that as soon as you leave any kind of gap, Cura will still behave as if it needs to bridge. Even if this might not be the case. By that I mean that you get lots of parallel straight lines across the gap, rather than the usual criss-cross normal layers get.

Can I force Cura to behave like in any other layer?

I don't understand the problem. If they are bridges they should be bridged, right?

Otherwise the filament will fall down... It might try to print in thin air.

What characteristic of your bridges makes them such that you don't want them bridged?

I don't understand the problem. If they are bridges they should be bridged, right?

Otherwise the filament will fall down... It might try to print in thin air.

What characteristic of your bridges makes them such that you don't want them bridged?

That will not be a problem, I am designing my own supports :) The problem is that Cura insists on bridging the tiny necessary gap. This results in slight deforming, as the long strands are somewhat wayward. I think cleaning and polishing the nozzle might help a bit, but to eliminate any trouble Cura needs to treat it as just another layer. Not leaving a gap is not possible either, as that would sully the result in other ways. If Cura would just do which it does in any other layer, everything would probably be fine.