Feeder wheel?

savak001

Posted · Feeder wheel?

Hi all

I know this has topic has been discussed concerning grinding of the pla.

My question though is would a solid rubber driver wheel be better suited than the supplied knurled wheel? My thinking is quite simple in that this would avoid grinding and the PLA being delivered by a friction only drive mechanism.

As yet I have not located a suitable wheel to try this out but I would appreciate your expert views.

Another issue I have is the age old one of the first layer being patchy. Your recommendations on this would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Graeme

Posted · Feeder wheel?

Hi Graeme, well assuming your first layer settings are reasonable, like speed of 20mm/s and layer depth of .300 then your probable cause is the nozzle tip to bed distance. Play around with this, i.e. increase and decrease it and you should see it get better or worse with one of them. Pursue the change that improved it. I.E. if reducing the gap made it better then reduce it again until you get your best position.