Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
morton.art@gmail.com

Mac and Cura

Thank you for the support of the Ultimaker!

1. The instructions to us Cura xx8 are perfect.The instructions are like color by numbers.

2. I got this message in the console for a older, first generation Intel MacBook, Dual Core 1.83Ghz. I am using OSX SnL ...6.8 with all the Mac's without this error.

Is there an additional lib I should get and add. This particular error is with a fresh install of the OSX from DVD with all the updates.

Regards,

A

On Monday, August 13, 2012, Art Morton wrote:

Last login: Mon Aug 13 07:27:50 on console

/Users/Ulti/Desktop/osx64-Cura-12.08/cura.command ; exit;

Ultimakers-MacBook:~ Ulti$ /Users/Ulti/Desktop/osx64-Cura-12.08/cura.command ; exit;

2012-08-13 07:31:26.127 Python[150] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x15762b70 of class NSConcreteMapTable autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

Exception in thread Thread-3:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner

self.run()

File "/Users/Ulti/Desktop/osx64-Cura-12.08/Cura/gui/sliceProgessPanel.py", line 138, in run

p = subprocess.Popen(self.cmdList[self.fileIdx], stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__

errread, errwrite)

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1249, in _execute_child

raise child_exception

OSError: [Errno 86] Bad CPU type in executable

Most likely your older macbook does not support 64bit applications. The bundled pypy is 64bit.

If you remove the pypy directory, it will stop using pypy for slicing, which will make it about 4 times as slow, but it will work.