Proof reading gcode before printing?

gibbons

Posted · Proof reading gcode before printing?

I don’t know how to ‘read’ gcode and it would really be helpful to ensure that the instructions sent to the ultimaker look like they will work.

Just as context; I’m having trust issues with netfabb, and I’d like to really check things over before printing.

So far I’ve used Repetier-Host https://github.com/repetier/Repetier-Host as a program to import gcode and look at things. Not sure if it is displaying things correctly. Just wanted to see if I should be using it or some other program to examine gcode.

k'slicer has a particularly nice g-code viewer. very helpful for 'proof reading' and it just found me a bunch of inside-out geometry that allowed me to correct it before wasting 7hrs print.

netfabb, on the other hand. took my inside-out geometry, part fixed it, ignored the rest and somehow found a way to increase the print time by a factor of 1.2. not cool.

that's the one. silly name, ghastly UI, but does a good (9/10) job on pretty much anything.

Yes i've had the exact same problem with netfabb, my finger is hovering over the 'uninstall' button..