Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
fluxline

Extruder Head not heating when print, is with cura wizard

Hello all

Having trouble with the extrusion head not heating up when printing when printing for the first time. When I go through the 'first run wizard', all runs great and the head does heat up (checked by hand) and if I immediately start a print it's at about 80 but then just keeps dropping in temp. Wires have been checked, double checked. >Running cura 12.08 ... Any clues on what this might be would be appreciated

So after looking a little more:

- I can connect correctly with Printrun, move the head, heat the head, extrude, even start a print (but need to adjust z height because it does not stick even with just a paper thickness distance)

- With Cura 12.08 I seem to also connect, firmware uploaded, limit switch tests all good but when when sending a print the extrusion head does not heat. I can see that it was hot and the temperature is dropping from the heatup in Printrun. Must be something very simple I'm missing.

- Windows 7

- Cura 12.08

Thx for the help

Hi Daid, Thanks for the reply. I am running in Quickprint mode (simple?). I have printed a few things now with Printrun (single wall calibration and whistle) but now I have a leek where the PEEK meets the heater block and nozle meets Heater block. Need correct than I will try again. How do you do a manual heatup in Quickprint since you cannot have both Printrun and Cura running at the same time? Thanks again.