Having trouble extruding during prints and the feeder eats away at the filament

Posted · Having trouble extruding during prints and the feeder eats away at the filament

Set up was perfect and the machine ran perfectly for several days

I noticed the feeder motor slipped a little making a ticking noise but I have read that is normal

However at one point it started having troubles extruding during prints (the first feed is generally fine). Basically the filament just stops coming out and the feeder motor starts eating away at the filament (not sure which causes which)

I have regulated the feeder motor pressure settings (the white indicator is at the top - i have tried moving it down also but with no better luck). I checked that the nozzle is clear (which it should be because it extrudes fine when i first feed it the filament). I am using ultimaker filament (although I tried other ones also) but the results are always the same. I also tried slowiing down or speeding up prints (ps Cura settings are at default)

Attached photo shows what happens during prints

IMG_2716.thumb.jpg.25c93ec3a96a800ea791f811a28d47e4.jpg

IMG_2716.thumb.jpg.25c93ec3a96a800ea791f811a28d47e4.jpg

Posted · Having trouble extruding during prints and the feeder eats away at the filament

it looks like you have some under extrusion on the skirt lines which is never a good start to a print job

for people to be able to help you you will need to post your settings eg materiel type, print speed, temperature (both bed and nozzle), layer hight .........

you could try an "atomic head clean" search here for details if that means nothing to you

welcome to the forum