Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

gardnert

Member
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country
    US
  1. Sure enough. . . this did it! I'm pushing three monitors. I went into Windows settings and disconnected two, and ran Cura as administrator.
  2. Sure enough. . . this did it. I'm pushing three monitors. I went into Windows settings and disconnected two, and ran Cura as administrator.
  3. Thanks for the interest and reply! I will definitely give the sanding a try. One of the main reasons I was using TPU was it has a certain aesthetic when being used as a stamp: the PLA would offer the same feel if we were say wax sealing an envelop or letter. But I think i'm willing to give that up for the students to have the detail they're looking for.
  4. Good morning everyone! I work/teach with a UM3 at my job, and an assignment I've worked on in the past are hanko: Japanese stamps. (these are for a Japanese culture class) We've used TPU as the business end of the stamp (combined with a PLA body), but to be "culturally accurate" the heads of these stamps are pretty narrow in diameter, and the TPU gets pretty oozy -- losing a lot of details the students really wanted to keep. You can see in the attached image, the center stamp works well, but the one on the right is suffering. My question is: can anyone sugges
  5. Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately (or, fortunately?) this was a working file, and through iterative changes, I can't get the issue to be recreated. I will reply to you when it pops back up (this model wasn't the first time this has happened). Curious: what would x-ray mode show me? Honestly I've never used it as it seemed sort of confusing?
  6. EDIT: the third layer I thought was infill, is actually supposed to be a solid layer/skin. The model should be three solid layers material 1, two solid layers material 2, three solid layers material 1. Hello everyone! I work with an Ultimaker 3 at the office, and only recently have I run into this strange issue. Please see the gif below: Cura animation I've designed a part, with two pieces and merged them on the buildplate. I'm basically filling a mortise in two parts with a tenon of another filament. The mortise and tenon are the same size. Can anyone help me figure
  7. Thanks! Our original vendor pointed us to you, small world! The return/replacement process is already underway. Thanks for the heads up!
  8. Hey everyone! My institution recently purchased a UM3 and a scanner on grant money for an upcoming project. I've been 3D printing at home for a couple of years now (prusa i3), and since we're a pretty small college, I've been tasked with a lot of setup/answering questions: something I don't mind at all. Yesterday I had a print fail (I'm thinking retraction settings, but that's neither here nor there). I was going to pull the AA core out to check for clogs, and to change out the filament. I ran the core swap process (an absolute dream coming from reprap land), the head moved to its spot and I
×
×
  • Create New...