Vibration on vertex - Known bug or new one?

luisonoff

Posted (edited) · Vibration on vertex - Known bug or new one?

Hello,

I was printing a very simple hollow cube when I noticed there was a big vibration in every layer, always in the same corner, where it changes layer. This vibration makes next face of the cube to appear with "waves" until the vibration dissapears.

I lowered a lot my printer acceleration to see what was going on in that corner and I saw it was making some diagonal movements I was not expecting.

Went to Cura to check layer view and, as you can see in the attached pictures, I found some blue movements between layers that dont seem quite normal for me. It is like every time before going one layer up, it goes a bit in diagonal inside the cube and then comes back to the outer perimeter, making the vibration. For me the logical thing to do is to go  one layer up in vertical (maybe a bit diagonal to finish at the inner perimeter) and keep printing next layer.

bug1.thumb.jpg.dc0197ef8ab0e6780a7b093287611051.jpg

bug2.thumb.jpg.24ddfac22b8e51d98467a2e4c3044f52.jpg

bug3.thumb.jpg.37840249fc2955ffa843c378744bc85a.jpg

Extra  info:

I've found out that same behaviour happens if perimeter only has 1 line instead of 2.

This looks similar to the bug described here and here, but not sure if it is the same.

Is it a bug or am I missing something?

I am using Cura 15.04 in Windows 8.1

Thank you for your time :)

bug1.thumb.jpg.dc0197ef8ab0e6780a7b093287611051.jpg

bug2.thumb.jpg.24ddfac22b8e51d98467a2e4c3044f52.jpg

bug3.thumb.jpg.37840249fc2955ffa843c378744bc85a.jpg

Edited by Guest