Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
gizmo999

simplify 3d

Hello just bought simplify 3d and had a question ,i copied the starup gcode and end gcode from cura into simplify .

but when i start a print the printhead extrude 8 mm of filament and then the printhead splashes in to the extruded filament an go to the center of the build plate etc.

printing works fine .

With cura when print starts it extrude 8 mm of filament the it goes to center en higher the buildplate at the same time ,i realy like that behavior better! on my ultimaker plus.

Do you guys/girls know how to manage that  in simplify 3d?

Edited by Guest

This is de start code i'm using on my Ultimaker2, due to my dual head setup I  start in the front-middle (X110 Y45), but you probably want to change to something like X20 Y20 (front-left)

You can use mine to have a look and than  play with the XY till you'r satisfied.

G28 ; home all axesG1 X110 Y45 F3000 ; bring extruder to the frontG92 E0 ; zero the extruded lengthG1 Z30 ; lowerG1 E50 F225 ; purge nozzle with 50mm of filamentG1 X80 Y60 F3000 ; avoid landing in the fillamentG92 E0 ; zero the extruded length again

Edited by Guest

If you just try the code I put here, and observe while it's executed, I believe you must understand each line, and then be able to adapt to you wish... and I think the comments on each line are clear ?

I know what you mean ,so its working better i can adjust it and no splatter into the filament.

thanks for that .

But still different with cura ,i like the head and bed movement at same time ,do jou know what i mean .

its not a big deal but like it more :)