Original + extrudor movement (

Vaz

Posted · Original + extrudor movement (

Hello everyone, this is my first participation in this community, I hope that within a short time I can contribute to answers rather than questions.

I bought a Original Plus in Kit and just finished its assembly. It was not an easy task, did not come with instructions and the only guide is a PDF written in English available on the ultimaker site.

I turned the motor leads to the E1 connector board.

The engine of extrador makes moves to advance and retreat. Do rotations in both directions.

Can anyone help?

Thank's

Posted · Original + extrudor movement (

A video would help - please post a 5 second video. Also indicate your country in your profile settings location.

The extruder is supposed to turn both directions if it is printing something and doing a retraction. But maybe you mean it turns both directions before then? Again, a video would help.

Usually if the servos are acting strangly, vibrating, stopping/starting, switching directions unexpectedly, usually that is caused by the stepper driver being too hot. Make sure the fan on the bottom is working properly!

Also there could be a bad connection on the DIR signal to the extruder - it may be floating. More on that after you eliminate the first two possibilities.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 14 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies