Cura & Ultimaker Orig. prints 25% smaller!

gluetools

Posted · Cura & Ultimaker Orig. prints 25% smaller!

Hi Everyone,

I have a really strange problem with STL that I generated from my Solidworks package.

When I import the STL into Cura, I have to rotate the model 90 deg. to have it positioned in a printable fashion.

Looking at the model using the "Scale" settings panel, all of the dimentions look right.

However, upon printing the model, the actual physical dimensions are about 25% smaller than the STL itself.

(eg: If I have a 20mm tube bring printed, it actually prints at 15mm.)

Can anyone make a suggestion as to why this might be happening?

I am building a tube that is using a 1mm shell, 30% infill, with the latest version of Cura and firmware. (Cur 15.04, with the latest firmware uploaded.)

Thanks in advance!

bob.

Posted · Cura & Ultimaker Orig. prints 25% smaller!

Almost all my parts come from SW, and I have never seen this. To export when I am done modeling, I do a 'save as' *.stl. If I mess with anything during export, it would be the mesh density, but I rarely do that since long ago finding a sweet spot. There is also a 'settings' dialogue in this save process for other conversion factors. Check out these settings to make sure they are not defaulting to something other than 100% scale.

Hope that helps.

Matt