[[Template core/front/global/favico is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

requestRotate about axis

phut

Posted · requestRotate about axis

One thing I think Cura is really missing in its visualisation is the ability to simply rotate an item on the axes for a new print orientation (aside from the Z axis).

I would certainly use this function more than the swap axes commands, as I have found that it is often error prone to swap axes to change the printing orientations (due to reversal of the item). For example if I had an 'upside down' STL or just one that I wanted to print the other way up, an asymmetrical model is going to come out incorrectly if you only hit the Z mirror button.

Posted · requestRotate about axis
    One thing I think Cura is really missing in its visualisation is the ability to simply rotate an item on the axes for a new print orientation (aside from the Z axis).

I would certainly use this function more than the swap axes commands, as I have found that it is often error prone to swap axes to change the printing orientations (due to reversal of the item). For example if I had an 'upside down' STL or just one that I wanted to print the other way up, an asymmetrical model is going to come out incorrectly if you only hit the Z mirror button.

this is the only reason why I keep a copy of repG around: it's easy to rotate STLs that are off

Archived