Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

SD card not reading and freezing

Erichill2023

Posted · SD card not reading and freezing

Hi guy, im new to this Forum thing but im in need of assistance, ive been printing alot with my ultimaker 2 and everything has been perfect til now. My Nozzle has become clogged so i left it in acetone and shook it around and cleared it up, in the mean time i had a spare but i damaged the heater cartridge pulling it out, so i ordered a new one, so now the heater error disappeared, i thought all was well but now it will not read the SD card, it knows if it is not in but once i insert the card it says reading but it wont show any files and it freezes i cant hit cancel i have to power off the machine, i read other forums i tried all there solutions and nothing.

i even tried reinstalling Cura and updated the firm ware also restored to default on the machine twice and nothing, even the cables i moved around. so i dont know what to do next any ideas???

Posted · SD card not reading and freezing

Did you try completely erasing the SD card and putting a very small gcode file on there just as a test? There is a way to format the SD card - from your computer probably.

Archived