Displaying images at full size inside topics.

zews

Posted · Displaying images at full size inside topics.

In the old version of the Ultimaker Community Forum it was possible to see an uploaded image inside a topic at full size simply by clicking on it.

This no longer seems to be possible in the current version of the forum.

Is there a way to increase the size of an uploaded image so people can see the full size version? I am asking this because I have uploaded a few images of the new Cura interface with certain setting, and at the shown size of the images the issues I talk about are not visible. Those details would be visible if it were possible to see the full size of the images.

I have also not been able to increase the size images that were uploaded by other people.

Hi,

yes this is very annoying. What I do is RIGHT-click on the image, then I choose 'Open image in new tab'. Then I move to new tab. There the image fits into the browser window.

If the image is bigger that the browser window the zoom symbol appears and you can LEFT-click to enlarge the image to its original size.

This is not as comfortable as in the legacy forum but at least a workaround.

Hope that helps ;-)

Hi,

yes this is very annoying. What I do is RIGHT-click on the image, then I choose 'Open image in new tab'. Then I move to new tab. There the image fits into the browser window.

If the image is bigger that the browser window the zoom symbol appears and  you can LEFT-click to enlarge the image to its original size.

This is not as comfortable as in the legacy forum but at least a workaround.

Hope that helps ;-)

Right clicking and opening the image in a new tab works, and even though the original image is larger a zoom symbol (magnifying glass) does not appear. I use Chrome and Safari browsers. Your workaround does not work for me. My own uploaded images which I can access easily in my albums can easily be seen at full size.

I think this is something that needs to be addressed by the developers at UM.

Posted (edited) · Displaying images at full size inside topics.

Hi,

I use Chrome as well and the zoom symbol appears immediately if I open the image in a new tab.

I'm sorry that this is not working for you, may you should try an Chrome extension like Image Autosizer:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/image-autosizer/kbbmeeflfcjnbeelhinbnlmdjmekfhbm

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Displaying images at full size inside topics.

Hi,

I use Chrome as well and the zoom symbol appears immediately if I open the image in a new tab.

I'm sorry that this is not working for you, may you should try an Chrome extension like Image Autosizer:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/image-autosizer/kbbmeeflfcjnbeelhinbnlmdjmekfhbm

Do you use Chrome in Windows or Mac OS X?

Do you use Chrome with or without the extension Autosizer you suggest?

It seems that this extension only scales images, but does not change the size of the images to what they are in my UM albums, but only scales them up. This makes the images very pixelated and the text in them impossible to read. I can do the same that this extension seems to do inside Chrome in OS X by hitting "Cmd +", or use "Ctrl + scroll wheel" to increase the size of anything on the screen.

But none of this seems to give me the images in their original size as they appear in my UM albums.

Edited by Guest