PID Bed Control: No UC Settings / Not saving

lars86

Posted · PID Bed Control: No UC Settings / Not saving

Hi guys,

I just enabled PID bed control on my UMO + heated bed kit last night. With the right Kp, Ki, Kd parameters, the result is lightyears ahead of bang bang control. I'm not sure why it isn't the default.

The autotune generated terrible values for the constants in my experience, so I have been spending a large amount of time manually tuning the control constants, and am getting it looking very nice. (I'll start another thread for that)

My issue, is that the constants don't show up as settings in the Ulti-controller. I can tune them via gcodes, but even if I issue an M500, they don't stick. There must be some other portion of code to uncomment in the firmware.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Save it in the configuration.h and recompile it.

Right, I was interested in fine tuning without recompiling.

So you adjust the parameters with M304 and when you found the 'right' ones, you write them into the source code and recompile it once. You anyway had to recompile the source code in order to activate pid for the bed, correct?

So you adjust the parameters with M304 and when you found the 'right' ones, you write them into the source code and recompile it once. You anyway had to recompile the source code in order to activate pid for the bed, correct?

You could say the same for extruder PID settings, but they are listed in the controller menu, and respond to being saved to EEPROM. Seems like there must be a correctable difference in the firmware between extruder and bed settings. That is what I am asking about, not how to do something I have obviously already done.

btw: what makes you think the autotune feature gives bad values?

This.

After running autotune with 8 cycles, twice over and pushing those calculated values across, this was my bed response:

5a331012be78e_Tuningstock.thumb.jpg.7f852a0332a9f6132360ec7fd707b97b.jpg

After throwing out those values and starting over manually:

5a331012dd26b_Tuned1.thumb.jpg.ca1675c3574075e19a89724f42f5a964.jpg

5a331012be78e_Tuningstock.thumb.jpg.7f852a0332a9f6132360ec7fd707b97b.jpg

5a331012dd26b_Tuned1.thumb.jpg.ca1675c3574075e19a89724f42f5a964.jpg

You could say the same for extruder PID settings, but they are listed in the controller menu, and respond to being saved to EEPROM. Seems like there must be a correctable difference in the firmware between extruder and bed settings. That is what I am asking about, not how to do something I have obviously already done.

Now I see your point. You compare the situation of the nozzle PID settings with the bed PID setting. Sorry for not seeing it earlier, it's 30°C+ since a few days here... ;)

• Like 1