Does old (15.02.01) Cura Gui work with the current slicer?

aviphysics

Posted · Does old (15.02.01) Cura Gui work with the current slicer?

I have just felt like I am in a constant battle with Cura 15.06 (Currently on 15.06.03). The biggest issue is that it will often fail to recalculate after adjusting a parameter, but there is lots of other buggy weirdness; like how when you grab a part to move it, the Cura GUI with throw it way off to one side.

I would very much like to go back to 15.02.01, until things get sorted out, but the new Slicer does seem to make a higher quality prints. Would it be possible to use the old GUI with the new slicer?

I doubt it. UM made some serious changes in the engine between versions 15.04 and 15.06. For instance the support structure... But you may give it a try by renaming the Curaengine binary of the old version, copy the new one into its place and hoping for the best...

btw.: If you find issues in the new Cura, please report them here. It would be nice if you check in advance if someone else has already reported that issue.

Well, I posted the bug reports. I briefly looked for similar issues reported, but didn't see them.

They just seem so obvious and problematic, that I have a hard time believing that the devs haven't noticed, unless it is somehow specific to my installation.