filament under extrusion?

ajmonkey

Posted · filament under extrusion?

Hi! I recently had a nozzle clog that the atomic pull didn't quick work on--I disassembled the nozzle and removed my clogging problem.

After reassembling my nozzle--I was only able to 2 print out two items and all of the subsequent prints have failed.

I cleaned out my nozzle again using the Atomic pull method, and when I load in filament it extrudes out. However when I try to print--the filament doesn't seem to come out fast enough and bunches up at the nozzle head--as shown in the photo below.

um2_trouble1.png

I've tried cleaning out my nozzle again using the atomic pull method, and have also tried leveling my build plate again--still have the same trouble.

When it was failing to print--it would only start the print a few layers then the filament would stop loading--now it seems like there's no filament loading at all or it seems to load or extrude too slowly.

Also, when I had the nozzle apart a second time--I did get a heater has stopped error message.

Any pointers on where to start with my trouble shooting would be super helpful. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this!

There are a few issues that can cause things like this.

How Many hours has your printer printed? the PTFE coupler can deform and not allow the filament to flow properly.

It can be a nozzle clog that needs a few atomic pulls to clear or you may need to push a fine wire up the center of the nozzle when its hot and rub around the inside edge.

Could be the feeder tension isn't enough and is slipping.

and lots of other things that I cant remember right now.

You can try removing the bowden tube from the top of the hot end and pushing some filament through by hand. see if there is much restriction there. if ok, look at how deep the imprint from the feeder is on the filament. if there are light marks the you can increase the feeder tension.

There are a few issues that can cause things like this.

How Many hours has your printer printed? the PTFE coupler can deform and not allow the filament to flow properly.

It can be a nozzle clog that needs a few atomic pulls to clear or you may need to push a fine wire up the center of the nozzle when its hot and rub around the inside edge.

Could be the feeder tension isn't enough and is slipping.

and lots of other things that I cant remember right now.

You can try removing the bowden tube from the top of the hot end and pushing some filament through by hand. see if there is much restriction there. if ok, look at how deep the imprint from the feeder is on the filament. if there are light marks the you can increase the feeder tension.

Thanks! I reassembled the nozzle again--this time making sure that the PTFE coupler was within 1mm to the isolator Nut and I'm back up and printing :)

• Like 1