Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
beezerdesign

persistent, unwanted artifacts on my prints

Hi friends,

I recently noticed that I'm getting some messiness on the sides of some of my prints. I thought it was just a fluke that happens sometime, but when printing the exact same gcode file with a different material, I got stringy flash in the exact same places on the print. See below:

Ultimaker PLA:

IMAG0566.thumb.jpg.eaad816a719e7d91c9f412c93bb58b21.jpg

Colorfab PLA/PHA:

IMAG0567.thumb.jpg.28a70f900614ab138e44df984ad28e13.jpg

I had similar blemishes on an ABS print as well. The consistency of the placement of the problem areas makes me think that it is not actually a fluke, but something about the way my UM2 is running the print. Does anyone have any idea what might cause something like this or how to fix it? I don't even know what I would search for...

Thanks in advance!

-Blake

IMAG0566.thumb.jpg.eaad816a719e7d91c9f412c93bb58b21.jpg

IMAG0567.thumb.jpg.28a70f900614ab138e44df984ad28e13.jpg

Just looks like Stringing from where its going from one part to another. If this is the case then it will always be in the same place for the same gcode.

if im correct, You can increase the travel speed, retraction distance, lower temp. or go through THIS guide

have a look in layer view to see if that's where the travel moves are.