fractals

neone

Posted (edited) · fractals

Hi all,

someone pointed me towards this very interesting video the other day about playing around with new forms/fractals.

pretty amazing if you ask me :)

More and more I see options to go back to nature for answers, and strangly so (paradoxically?) trough the use of a computer.

Like we are slowly embedding computed calculations more and more as part of our own in the process of designing.

One remark though, those collums still needs steel support from the inside, so it still has no structural value, a reason sorta speak to do this.

at the moment this has more a baroque like decorative value that you paste on to these structures.

But it's an eye opener to say the least towards possibilities. Maybe one day we have computed structural solutions this way? (maybe with the aim to reduce material even more?)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

yes, it's already doing the trick really, more and more I start to fragment things a bit more, not really fractal like, but more faceted, sometimes organic.

it's a very interesting approach indeed, Neri Oxman already told the same kind of thing of going back to nature and putting the focus more on the process of things: