UMO+ 4.7k pullup

Posted · UMO+ 4.7k pullup

Hi All,

New to the forums, done a lot of lurking.

I have an Ultimaker Original + which has been running more or less fine for the past 6 months.

The problem is I've run into some issues with cheap filament which caused failure of the hotend.

I had a print jam that required nozzle disassembly, and one more disassembly was too much for the metal case of the PT100 B sensor which crumpled while attempting to extract it. I now know some tricks to keep the heater block in good working order and have ordered replacement parts which will be here in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I've been reading about running an e3d v6 hotend with the ultimaker. I have a 12V e3d v6 1.75mm hotend lying around from another printer not currently being used. I also have printed a mount for it as an emergency backup.

What I'd like to know is where to attach the required 4.7k pullup resistor onto the UMO+'s board (the white board as used in the ultimaker 2). Is this possible or even necessary? I'm using this tool to build the firmware: https://bultimaker.bulles.eu/ which I'm comfortable I have all the right settings for (have also built marlin before and know more or less how to edit it at the arduino IDE level) and have read multiple posts on where to solder the resistor on the GREEN UMO board (which I don't have.) but nothing on the WHITE board.

If this is not possible I can just wait until my PT100 sensor arrives (about October 15 at this rate) but would like to continue printing with the e3d in the meantime if this is something someone else has done. Apologies if there is another definitive post on the topic but I've done a fair amount of trawling through the forums without luck.