Clicking Sound as the Printer Head Moves

Posted · Clicking Sound as the Printer Head Moves

Hi guys,

I just bought an Ultimaker 2 and it has started making clicking sounds.

To me it sounds like a wood click, or structure shift, its either happening in the back left corner (on the short belt and the motor) or on the rods (left and right ones).

I still have those "click" sounds when I move the print head manually. I can't see anything hitting the sliding blocks or directly hitting the corners.

It looks like clicks only happen in y axis. And it only happens in specific places.

I tried re-alligning belts but either I did it wrong or the belts aren't causing the problem.

Also I tried moving the left rear motor a bit up to lower the tension on the short belt.

It looks like it doesn't affect the print quality (much).

When I changed the positions of the belts (also the motor and the short belt) frequency of the sounds changed ( the tone and volume of the sounds didn't change).

Sorry for bad English.

Thanks for the help.

Posted · Clicking Sound as the Printer Head Moves

its normally the whole shaft moving and the black spacer hitting the bearing. you need to loosen the pulleys and push them against the side so the shaft cant move from side to side.

Posted (edited) · Clicking Sound as the Printer Head Moves

I'm having a similar issue and it seems the ticking is coming from my Z access ball screw rod. I can actually feel the ticking if I lightly touch the rod.

Nothing seems to be protruding that I can see. 

This is on a UM3

Edited by vroberts76