smoking umo

ataraxis

Posted (edited) · smoking umo

hey folks,

I printed something today (wow!) but... after around 30 seconds or so I recognized a funny scent like burned popcorn, I looked at my ultimaker and saw that the pla started to bubble and smoke came out of the hotend (it still printed, or at least tried to). the temperature was 213°C according to ulticontroller.

I decided to turn the UMO off (I'm so clever xD) and then on again - and now it readed MAXTEMP (something over 300°C - can't remember).

Any Idea what happened? It was really luck that I didn't leaved the house...

At the moment everything seems ok (except of the clogged nozzle, the burnt pla on the nozzle, ....)

Edited by Guest

Posted · smoking umo

Heater sensor to the little board over the umo cables could have unplug just enough to give a false temperature and the heat was actually way to much and the heat sensor burned? I think I readed something like this on this forum months ago about that being the reason to move to a single cable pt100 on um2/umo+

Luckyly you saw that being in front of the printer woa, that sounds a bit dangerous.

Posted · smoking umo

If that parts, the thermistor transmiter or the thermistor sensor did broke just drop me a msg. I have one of each that I'll never use since I got it from the dual kit and on umo+ they are useless.