Some kind of "jumping" while printing?

fuchs

Posted · Some kind of "jumping" while printing?

Mhh, not sure how to phrase it but:

I am currently printing some rather basic forms (for a cupboard) that i designed. I print them with Cura 12.08, basic settings, only change is layer height 0.24 (i use 0.08 // 0.16 and 0.24), retraction 2mm, 220 degress (for the PLA i use) and a skirt 5 times with 15mm distance.

When i changed the print speed from 50 to 70 and the temperature from 220 to 224 i noticed, that while printing the skirt, on the 3rd or 4th turn, the head "jumped" about 2cm(?) in the direction of its printing. The skirt came out all right but when printing the object, on the second or third layer both X and Y axis were suddenly off, by maybe 2 or 3mm (not cm).

I cancelled the print, went back to the old settings and all was ok. Then with the 4th copy of the object, i tried again the higher speed and temperature (as i thought "what gives") - and i had the exact same behaviour.

I know, that's not a bug report or such - i just wanted to ask if anybody had witnessed at any time in the past a similar behaviour?

When i have finished printing my cupboard-parts, i will try to reproduce that behaviour and capture it on camera.

In the meantime:

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!

Are you sure it's not skipping steps when you rise the speed, because of either lack of lubricant/oil on the rods; lack of belt tension; or bad alignment of the rods?

I have had strange stopping/starting behavior, in a few cases I believe because of to small baudrate on Linux, and in a few cases it fixed itself with a re-slicing.

I would also advice to check the belt tension, in particular the small belts on the motors.

You can tighten them by unscrewing the motors, push them down and tighten them again.

You can also try to align the belts, because it seems like they are skipping steps.

Align them in a way that they are paralel to the axis.

Have you checked if all the pulleys are screwed on tight?