Improve overhang for printing with support

cashlo

Posted · Improve overhang for printing with support

Hello,

I just got a Ultimaker 2 and I have been testing with Innofill3D PLA. The prints comes out pretty good except for the underside which have some bad overhang:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/prints/1570-dolphin-with-meshmixer-support

I am wondering if there's something I miss besides for lower tempature(210C now), and longer cooling time(5s now)?

Posted · Improve overhang for printing with support

The nose of the dolphin is the easiest to fix. Best way to fix this is to print a tower next to the dolphin so the tip of the dolphin can cool - the way it is now the nose never cools as the nozzle is constantly touching it.

The supports look like they moved - they need to be thicker - maybe 8mm? At least the bottom half of the supports need to be thicker so they don't wobble around like grass in the wind.