Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
devilflash

Can't print in proper conditions

Hi everyone,

I've huge problems to print with my Ultimaker2 since a while. I can't make 2 print in a row and need higher temperature  than needed. After a while, the filament got totally cropped and the print continue without extrusion.

I'm at the point where I have to make an Atomic cleaning between every print and have to print Colorfabb intense green PLA at a temperature of 240° and 100% material flow in order to finish my print (which isn't even 100% certain).

I've a new bowden tube but I had the same problem with the old one. I came back to the stock feeder but had the same problem with Robert's one. Thermal probe seem to work as I haven't much variations in temperature range.

What can I do? A complete cleaning of the nozzle with acetone and scrap the inside with a needle? Send it back where I bought it for a complete maintenance?

I'm a bit perplex and want to cast it through the window to be honest. I've almost wasted a complete roll of PLA. And the fact that I know that when I come back home from work, I'll have an unfinished print waiting for me is quite exhausting.

Edited by Guest

I removed the coupler, it was black with a small bottleneck. I grinded the bottleneck and order a new coupler.

Would like to do a complete cleaning of the nozzle but too afraid to remove the thermal sensor and heat resistor. Maybe I'll invest in these couplers:

Teflon Couplers

And the olsson heat block to make the maintenance easier:

Olsson Block

Finger crossed! :)