pcallicotte

Filament is not extruding solid

Posted · Filament is not extruding solid

I have an Ultimaker2 that I use in my art classroom with elementary students. It was working great before, but then began to leak filament. After having the printhead and couplar replaced, it printed one print perfectly but is not misprinting again.

When it prints, the filament is not coming out in one solid strand as it did before. On the print, this is leaving random parts unprinted. I thought that my feeder resistance might have been too high, but it is on the lowest resistance.

Any help would be very much appreciated (and will make my 100 nine year old students very happy)!

Here is what the filament is looking like and the start of a print:

IMG_5835.thumb.PNG.b071d751cd3a26752e76f67b0b16f205.PNG

IMG_5836.thumb.JPG.34b725075a4e6805d83a8635cb0c92b6.JPG

IMG_5835.thumb.PNG.b071d751cd3a26752e76f67b0b16f205.PNG

IMG_5836.thumb.JPG.34b725075a4e6805d83a8635cb0c92b6.JPG

Thanks for responding SandervG. I have done multiple atomic pulls and finally replaced the entire print head and coupler. After replacing these parts, it made one small print correctly but that was it.

I just replaced my cheaper PLA that I purchased at Microcenter (that was made in Belgium) with a higher quality PLA that I purchased from a local manufacturer here in Columbus and that made a HUGE difference.

Thank you so much!

I just replaced my cheaper PLA that I purchased at Microcenter (that was made in Belgium) with a higher quality PLA that I purchased from a local manufacturer here in Columbus and that made a HUGE difference.

Thank you so much!