Best filament to get stiffness on thin objects

luisito

Posted · Best filament to get stiffness on thin objects

I am trying to print an object that is a rctangle shaped plate 100mmx15mm. Thickness is 1.5mm.

That plate is intended to replace a metalic plate so, it should be stiff. It might bend somewhat but not too much.

I have tried pla, abs, hips, xt, ...

All of them give a plate that is easily bent, non usable for replacing the metallic part.

Which would be in your opinion, the best filament to print a part like this with maximum stiffness?.

Posted · Best filament to get stiffness on thin objects

You could try the carbon fibre material, but at 1.5mm it is not going to be easy,

if it needs to be a plastic, try resin and fiberglass or carbon fibre, I think you can buy simple fiberglass repair kits, and is easy (but messy) to do.

Carbit repair kit.